Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
The FP&A Director is a key, executive-facing role that will report directly to the CFO, and support Intuity’s growth in becoming a commercial-stage medical device company. The FP&A Director will support multiple functional areas within the Intuity organization. The role will have the unique opportunity to build and work on multi-year forecasts and sales analytics. This role will partner closely with leaders across sales operations, manufacturing, and product development to drive key sales analytics, annual budget process, regular forecasts as well as the long- range plans. Success in this role will require cultivating partnerships across teams, understanding of the business and sales channels, strong communication, ability to influence, and strategic thinking skills to drive value to the business.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
- Partner with stakeholders to coordinate and develop annual budget and periodic forecasts, including revenue by various sales channels, operating expenditures, capital spend and headcount.
- Work with management to leverage external data to understand and challenge expense projections for short- and long-term financial models.
- Work closely with department heads to review complex manufacturing contracts/capital expenditures for costs and payment terms during the contract negotiation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to create monthly reporting dashboard to track key financial and performance metrics.
- Maintain gross-to-net pricing models
- Perform budget versus actual analysis at the consolidated, project, and department levels to identify and understand variances, assess associated risks and opportunities, and communicate results to senior management.
- Perform assessment of an FP&A system requirement and near-term implementation to support needs of the organization.
- Support ad hoc requests as needed. Provide financial assessments and guidance for strategic projects and business cases.
- Develop and deliver presentations to senior management with clear and concise objectives, analyses, and recommendations.
Experience and Requirements:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of increasing responsibility in finance or accounting.
- Professional experience in a medical device, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology organization.
- Experience with direct-to-consumer, wholesale distribution and Employer sales channels.
- Prefer experience in company with commercial stage products.
- Ability to establish strong business relationships and interact cross-functionally at all levels.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills. Ability to work effectively to identify issues, gather relevant data points and recommend solutions.
- Must be a strong communicator capable of explaining/presenting complex financial concepts and problems clearly and effectively to all constituents.
- Customer service oriented; able to understand business requirements while maintaining ownership for projects and results.
- Highly detail oriented with strong analytical skills; experienced in developing financial models, leading analysis, and explaining options and implications.
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working under pressure and prioritizing workload to meet deadlines.
- Strong team player with ability to demonstrate executive presence
- Process and systems improvement mindset for creating solutions to problems that work across boundaries beyond this role.
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting is required
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
Supervised by: CFO
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor or the management of the company.