Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
The Corporate Controller (CC) is a key leadership position within the Accounting and Finance department reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The CC is a hands-on manager and leader in the day-to-day activities of the accounting department, including month-end close process, review of journal entries, internal control compliance, payroll and other special projects. The CC is the lead point person with the external auditors and provides technical recommendations to the accounting team and management. The scope and responsibility of the position is broad and requires extensive in-depth knowledge, skills, and experience. The CC must lead and motivate the team to meet competing and demanding timelines, while also operating at the highest levels with executive leadership. The position has direct and indirect oversite of department staff.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the day-to-day accounting operations.
- Provide direct and indirect supervisory and leadership oversight of department staff.
- Streamline and manage month-end financial statement close process, including review of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Lead and manage quarterly reviews and year-end audit, act as point person with external auditing firms.
- Participate in the implementation of ASC 606
- Oversee all tax work; act as point person with external tax professionals
- Develop, implement, maintain, and update internal controls in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley and COSO framework.
- Provide general oversight for bi-weekly ADP payroll processing and compliance.
- Oversee equity management and risk management functions
- Perform and implement technical accounting research and draft accounting memorandums, as necessary.
- Collaborate with legal on the review of contracts/agreements to ensure financial terms are reasonable.
- Participate in implementation of Third-Party Logistics Provider (3PL)
- Participate or lead special projects and support various accounting related duties as needed.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
Experience and Requirements:
- Minimum 12 years of finance and accounting experience (minimum five years of public accounting experience required) with at least 7 years of management experience.
- CPA certification and Biotech industry experience is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and of recent accounting trends.
- Solid knowledge of Excel Spreadsheet and MS Word.
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy of work performed.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business with an emphasis in accounting. An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- 5 years+ experience in managing a customer support operation (HUB)
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industries a plus
Supervised by: CFO
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor or the management of the company.